If i could rewind to the 1st of January 2012 I would never have guessed that I would have been so busy between drinking - travelling - dancing and socialising, not to mention work and study thrown in for good measure. Along the way I have made some lovely friends who I know will be joining me along the path of life. I feel blessed that I have good friends around me and know that I can count on them all to step up to the mark when required.
I started back at the University of Ulster on the 30th January 2011 for my last module Entrepreneurship and Innovation - impressive or what. I had a fair idea what this involved as I had planned to do this module previously but health issues got in the way. I came up with the idea of Rain Water Harvesting and this proved to be quite the talking point in the group. In March I took my first trip south of the border to participate in the delights of Bear Feile ( first timer) included speed dating lol !! The highlight of April was going to see the movie The Hunger Games !!Time seemed to flash by and before I knew May had arrived this brought the Canadians and two weeks of sun yes sun !! In May we had the first of three weddings in the Deery house - to be honest I was in two minds whether or not to go - but I thought the wedding would provide a welcome distraction to the study. June brought my final exam !!! All aboard the fun van - ferry - bus to Moffat in Bonnie Scotland - such a fun time sampling Scottish whisky !! with Justin Mataloi Amidst anxious waiting and nashing of teeth - to be honest I was glad to be done and dusted. July finally came and I wasn't disappointed I graduated with a 2.2 in Business Studies and Accounting on the 10th July - wish Jonny Quigley was still alive so I could actually go back and say I actually achieved something !! Any how a great day out was has and a lovely lunch was provided by my sister and brother at the White Horse !! I will remember my graduation for another reason thou - this was the day that a pain in the neck work colleague finally moved on !! What a relief !! In July with the new wheels a pincic was packed and mum and me headed to the Glens of Antrim- spectacular or what !! Breathtaking is the only word I can describe the views . Time passed to September and this brought another wedding this time in Canada. This was booked at last minute and involved a stop off in Paris never again - the French are so rude !! Apart of that the wedding of Eileen & Justin Mattioli in the stunning location of Dundas in Ontario was a great occasion and Happy Feet put in an appearance !!. It was great spending time with my sisters Mary Eileen and Anne and seeing old faces and meeting new ones. I had no sooner recovered from this wedding then it was off to the Deery & Gardiner bash in the Republic of Ireland town of Ballybofey - to be honest I was wrecked but had an another amazing nite (Happy Feet was also in attendance)
November brought with it time changes and life changes experience - meeting so many lovely people in Birmingham at the PCS Seminar. The 1st of November was such a memorable day and involved me getting my first tattoo !! Many friendships were fused at this event but one in particular will remain such a special one hopefully life long !! The end of November also saw the Deerys arranging a surprise party for mums 85th !! - this involved removing some doors to fit us all in !! I also managed to fit in a trip to Belfast and meet another wonderful person who will remain a life long friend.
December
Well apart from the bah humbug attitude at work I ended the year on a positive note winning a hamper and £200 !! I also took mum to the Millennium Forum for her birthday and out to dinner instead of going to the office party ( I defo got the better deal) !!
31st December OMG what a busy day to end of the year - Finally getting round to getting the camera and starting off 2013 with a new hobby . NYE was spent in the company of good friends Caroline Pollock and Madonna Bond and Family ( minus the drink) .
So here's to Starting 2013 with a clear head !!
2012 will be one of the years that when i am older and greyer that i know i will look back on and smile - it has been filled with happy memories - my graduation and three family weddings & meeting true wonderful friends who will help me along this twisted path of life xxx
Love and Happiness !!
No comments:
Post a Comment